While Mike and I were watching Amelia, we watched the movie "This is 40". It was a pretty thought provoking movie, in a weird sort of way.
So just to put it in perspective, approximately 10 years ago I went to a Trey Anastasio Band concert with a little red dress on and held up a sign that said "Sexy med student seeks bad ass guitarist for backstage tequila party" and looked like a classified ad. I did actually get my backstage tequila party as well.
Fast forward 10 years and my birthday party was essentially a 1:1 ratio of adults to small children, with Ellie being the oldest child there. Clearly a lot can change.
Proudly I will say that the friends that were at my birthday party were all relevant in my life 10 years ago, and 2 of them were with my on that very night.
And even better, it was the second year in a row that I spent my birthday with the Swann family. Autumn and the family came up to visit us for the weekend and it was lots of fun. It was kind of interesting because even though there was going to be 8 of us in the house, I underestimated the amount of energy that would go into keeping everyone managed. Of course it didn't help that both of the babies were sick. There was one night Autumn and I were sitting on the couch at 2:30 in the morning with our baby boys watching Weeds episodes. Definitely not something we predicted in the past...
We made it down to the Brooklyn Bridge Park as our city expedition. It was a nice day although it was a little windy. And I thought I lost Ellie. Which was an horrible nightmare and not worth getting into. By the time we got home it was almost 5, as previously mentioned Autumn and I were up late and we were fading. However the thought of dinner out without the kids was enough to fuel us on, and we had a spectacular dinner out just the 4 adults. Mike picked out a Mexican type restaurant which was amazing and we ordered some sipping tequila and then the owners kept giving us more and more. For free. It definitely wasn't the type of tequila I would have been throwing back 10 years ago. Nor was I woken up at 5:30 in the morning by a small child.
Monday was the most gorgeous day, and we had a fun BBQ at our house. Erika and Ethan, The Mayo family, the Swanns and the Drzewieckis were all in attendance. It was a birthday weekend to celebrate being 35. Complete with full day of work the next day.
 |
| Ellie with the Manhattan Bridge in the background |
 |
| Ellie and Chelsea with the Brooklyn Bridge and NYC in the background |
 |
| Mr. D.loving the park |
 |
| There was a carousel in the park. Autumn and Chelsea were not impressed since they didn't get a moving horse |
 |
| Ellie however couldn't have been happier |
 |
| I know it looks like Zack has a big flower on his hat, but he actually doesn't. |
 |
| Zack's first swing ride. Ellie D was a great big sister pushing him |
 |
| He was loving it |
 |
| Henry Swann |
 |
| The girls watching a movie |
 |
| The two boys, only one month apart! |
 |
| Blowing out my birthday candle |
 |
| Opening presents |
 |
| Ellie gave me a nice heart necklace |
 |
| The grasshopper tacos that Mike dared Andrew to eat |
 |
| Apparently they taste like chicken. |
No comments:
Post a Comment