Monday, June 17, 2013

Summertime fun

There has been a lot going on these past few weeks.  And a lot of nothing.  Time just seems to fly by.  We have had a decent amount of guests which helps pass the time too.  This is mostly going to be a photo montage because I am too tired to think and honestly can't remember the post that I wrote in my head about 10 times.


And the mailbox makes it's third appearance!  Zack actually loves it.

We joined a pool.  The big guy hanging at the pool.  The amount of effort it takes to get everyone lubed up with sunscreen and in their bathing suits might not be enough to offset the fun of the pool.

I came home from work one day to find the whole crew working on dinner.

GAP came for a visit.  Ellie D was all snuggled up the whole time.  It was great.

Ellie couldn't finish her card for Charlotte before GAP left to go to Charlotte's party.  It ended up working out better because she got SO EXCITED to put it in the mail and mail it to Charlotte.  Unfortunately the card was a bit small for all of the letters in Charlotte's name...

Ellie's name fit much better.

Ellie got really lucky one day at the park.  We got there and about 2 seconds later the ice cream truck showed up.  I amazingly had $2.35 on me (I never carry cash).  The cheapest item was $2.50 so I struck a deal with the driver.  This was at about 5 pm....

The happy couple.  Looking sharp.

The trouble with living too close to good shopping.  I went in to Lord and Taylor for a pair of shoes and came out with this dress.  Which fit me perfectly and was super awesome.  But I definitely didn't really need a new dress, or one with this price tag.  Here's to all the years of hard work!

Our "victory garden".  I don't really know what that means, but our neighbor kept calling our boxes that.  It only took us a month to complete the project.  I love how we keep saying "its the basil we grew" when essentially it has been in the box for approximately 1 week.  Because the boxes ended up being so small (coughing under my breath "i told you so") we ended up doing a bunch of tomatoes and the herbs in the boxes.  The two planters on the side have an eggplant in each.  What's the over/under on whether or not we produce any actual produce!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment