It seems as though time is just barreling on. I really can't believe that it is already one week from May. I can't decide if I can't remember anything because so much happens in one day or if its because I am still recovering from months of sleep deprivation. Zack seems to have hit some milestones and since I can't really remember when Ellie did these things, I figured I had better make note of it.
Mister D.
 |
| Cheyenne took these and I just love them. They have turned me into that annoying mom who is always shoving pictures of her kids in your face. |
 |
| But who doesn't want to look at this picture! |
Zack has finally started sleeping better. Or perhaps, my expectations have been severely lowered. I guess I can't really call it "through the night" yet, but we seem to be mostly getting 5 hrs straight of sleep so that is about as close as it's going to get.
He sits up on his own and a few weeks later figured out how to crawl. He sprouted his first lower tooth this past weekend, which is definitely way later than Ellie. He is eating like a champ but still pukes up about 50% of what he eats. Trying to figure that one out. He's still on the Zantac in hopes that it is going to do something for his puking but that has yet to be established. He pretty much just happily spews from his mouth, it doesn't seem to bother him or anything. But it pretty much is the most inopportune thing ever.
Ellie D.
 |
| Another Cheyenne photo creation. |
 |
| Her legs look so long in these pics |
 |
| Diva in the making. Not only does she insist on wearing my stilletos, she walks over to the mirror in them to check herself out. She is seriously going to break her ankle one of these days. |
 |
| Little Miss Sunshine anyone?!?! |
 |
| Hair cut with Mimi (notice the lack of the bowl on her head like in my childhood) |
Not as huge milestones for Ellie as these sorts of things tend to slow down after you hit 1. But everytime I look at her it makes me realize how quickly she is going to grow up and how afraid I am of what things are going to be like ten years from now. I'm pretty sure she is going to ask me for an iPhone for her birthday. I just made that up, but I remember thinking it was crazy when my sister bought my 13 yo nephew a cell phone, and that was
old. That could be a blog post for a whole other topic though, and I have charting to do.
She can write her name and most letters although she prefers to trace them. She can count to 30 although she still skips 13 and calls 30 "twenty ten". She is full of energy and likes to spontaneously sing. I can't decide if she's going to be a doctor or an artist. She is also full of drama and cries at the drop of a dime, much to my chagrin at times. She had started to sleep a bit later but now with the light changing I have a feeling we are going to be lucky to keep it at 6. She is such a pretty little thing too that I have to hold back from telling her this. I don't need her growing up thinking she's gorgeous. Sounds harsh but she has to work for what she gets, just like I did.
Oh come on -- tell that precious little girl she is pretty!! At least once in a while. And Zack? Those pictures are amazing.
ReplyDeleteNoelle asked for a phone for her birthday last week (her birthday is in December). No, not a toy phone, a real phone. However, we determined that she didn't want a phone, because she doesn't want to make calls, just an iTouch. But COME ON. Ridiculous.