It's so hard to believe that Zack is already six months old. And barely sleeping the night. But at this point, sleep deprivation is the norm.
In honor of such a date, I decided it was time to start running again. After running almost through my 8th month of pregnancy, I had never expected that it would take me this long to get back into the groove of things. But then again, there was a lot about having a second kid that I didn't anticipate. Man to man defense is definitely harder. True to my word, I also started running in my Vibrams that Mike gave me almost two years ago for my birthday. It felt great to be out (well, at least for the first half mile) and made me think back to my maternity leave when I would take Zack out for walks. It had occurred to me the last couple of weeks that I was starting to feel a bit depressed. Getting out was just what I needed. I think after 2 years in the South where the seasons don't change nearly as dramatically as up North, you forget what a Spring awakening means. Today was sunny, but cold. And I do like the idea of hunkering down for the winter without the almost anxiety provoking pressure that I feel in the summer to be outside. But that has passed and now it is time to get out there again. Fortunately I scheduled it in my day before I got the inevitable, "Dr. Drzewiecki I have a torsion" phone call.
Back to Zack--he is starting to eat solids, loves his mommy and loves to nurse (he practically starts chewing my shirt off the second I pick him up after work) and is just a sweet baby. He laughs and smiles like a flirt and loves being toted around. He can roll over and is starting show the motions of crawling. He likes his 'jump jump' and hanging out in his activity center, but prefers to be held (I blame that on Cheyenne). He still loves to have a 'Zack attack' every now and then with his bodily fluid of preference at that time. All in all, a love bug, and I am so happy to have my Momma's boy.
 |
| Love the completely soaked sweater from drool. Not a tooth in sight. |
 |
| First feeding |
 |
| He gets to hang out at dinner now |
 |
| 6 months! |
 |
| Yes that is my pager cover. He likes anything and everything to go in his mouth |
 |
| Zack got the same treatment--avocado! This time actually mixed with peas--looks like he likes it! |
 |
| I love reusing Ellie's stuff. I am going to have to compare the pics we have of her in this towel. |
No comments:
Post a Comment