As previously posted, Ellie has a very tuned in gastro-colic reflex and she very often has to poop during dinner. Her favorite saying is "poop coming out of my pants". While this is never true, it is her way of making sure we take her to the bathroom. She can get very emphatic about saying this too, which makes it pretty funny.
Yesterday I got a page from day care. First time for that, and I was quite surprised when I answered the page and found out who it was. Ms. Theresa got on the phone and informed me that Ellie had declared on the playground that she had put a rock up her nose. At the time Ms. Theresa couldn't see or feel a rock and Ellie seemed to be content enough, so we let it go for the moment. Not much later I got a call from Mike who was then at day care telling me that there was indeed a rock up Ellie's nose. It's probably one of the few times I was grateful to work in a children's hospital. Needless to say, after a brief attempt on my part to remove the stone (I was afraid I was pushing it up farther and that it would require an OR trip which I was NOT interested in) we called in a favor to the peds ENT guy and he swiftly removed it from her nose with one of his fancy tools. Phew. Although there was plenty of drama out of one Ms. Ellie D during the process. We still haven't figured out what possessed her to put it up there, and I really want one of the restraint boards that I saw hanging behind the door in their office. Screw time out in the bedroom--you are getting strapped down to the board!
No comments:
Post a Comment