Tuesday, May 22, 2012

NH/NY trip

Ellie and I headed up to NH the day after the CMM half for a week of visiting the family and cousins, as well as Mike and I going to NY to find a place to live.  For some reason, we left the camera at home:(  I also haven't uploaded my pics yet from the iPhone, mostly out of sheer laziness.

It was a fantastic time though.  We saw Rara (Sara), Cassam, Lilah, Uncle Nick, Grammy and Papou (Mom and Jim), Gap (aka Grandpa Jack, aka my dad), Ethan, Sheesha (Lisa) and Uncle Brad, Charlotte, G.Grammy and Grampy and my Aunts and Uncles.  Fortunately for us, most of my family all live in the same area and Lisa was willing to travel up with her family to complete the visit.  There were lots of family dinners, cousins hanging out and overall good company.

I drove to NY on Tues and picked up Mike at the train station and we had two nights there to try and find a place to live.  Ultimately we were successful, although real estate is highway robbery up there.  On top of it, we joined Erika and her family for a birthday dinner for her dad Alan and had a date night in NYC.  We decided we should test out the train to see what it was like.  Guess what--the trains are very on time.  We missed the first one and after a small spat as to who was responsible, we salvaged our tickets and made a different train.  We were in Grand Central before we knew it and in Union Sq for our dinner at Momofuko Siam Bar in no time.  It was great to go out in NYC the two of us again, and we definitely look forward to it again in our near future.  I know I do when I can actually drink!

It was a great trip and I am sad that we don't have a lot of pictures from it.  Hopefully we will be better about our trip to ME this year.  And hopefully Ellie won't have quite the case of the "mommies" that she did while we were there.  The girl had a come apart if I left the room for a minute to go to the bathroom, and insisted that I do everything for her.  She didn't sleep or nap well either which made everyone tired.  It was not her best show, but I guess that is what being 2 is all about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment