Sunday, November 13, 2011

Happy Halloween!

I know, it was 2 weeks ago.  But I am a Q2wk blogger.

Ellie made it out trick or treating.  Mostly because Pam had bought her a costume so I felt fairly obligated to have her wear it on Halloween.  And since we got a letter home from the daycare saying that they under no circumstances wanted children in costumes (Halloween can be a scary holiday for pre-schoolers who can't tell the difference between pretend and reality???) I couldn't just send her to school in it and feel good about her getting dressed up for Halloween.  Of course I got stuck late at the hospital so after a flurry of last minute texting instructions to Mike onto how to get her ready and pick me up at the hospital, we hit a couple of houses and then went home. 

Ellie for her part participated way better than I thought she would.  Most houses got a barely audible "trick or treat" and some houses were lucky enough to get caught in the middle of a parenting lesson on their front porch. Mike didn't want Ellie to take the candy unless she said trick or treat, and 90% of the time it was already being handed to her as he was telling her this.  All in all though, she did great, walked in her little princess shoes that were the number 1 comment about her cosutme.  Ironically enough, they actually weren't part of her costume, just some play shoes she had at the house (thanks Lisa C.)  Most importantly, she forgot all about her candy by the next morning.

I went as a doctor.

A little washed out from my cell phone flash, but this was the best pic we got of her.  She was a bit of a moving target.


Checking out the loot.  "We"could have actually used a little more chocolate.

1 comment: