Monday, August 8, 2011

Party hats

Last weekend Ellie was invited to her first birthday party.  There is another little girl, Emmy, who attends her daycare and is about 2 months older than her.  They have been buds since starting.  Emmy's parents are also both peds residents at the children's hospital too, so we have a bit in common.  It was super fun to see the two girls running around and Ellie liked getting dressed up in her 'party dress'. 

Interestingly, it was commented on at the party that Ellie was a 'quiet child'.  Guess we know who she takes after (although I was a quiet child too).

Ellie in her party dress sitting in Emmy's rocking chair, which Emmy of course didn't really like.  I swear Ellie sat in it even longer just to antagonize her.

It has been really hot out.  They had this water table that the kids could play in.  It was quite a hit actually.  I will still take the pool at the Y though!

The girls with their party hats on

They were having a blast pushing each other around in this small wagon. 

I was changing in the locker room at the pool and thought that Ellie was getting into someone else's stuff only to find her just hanging out in the locker by herself.

I have been riding my bike to work (about 1 mile, downhill the way there) so when I get home Ellie loves to grab my helmet and put it on.  Today she even got my gloves on which looked ridiculous.
In other news from that week I don't really have too much.  The time and days are just blurring together.  Ellie is growing like a weed and learns so much every day.  She absolutely loves the pool and jumps right in, no fear.  She is talking a bunch more and her entourage has grown from just Lamby to Lamby, Monkey and Duckie (yes, we are extremely creative with the stuffed animal names).  We almost accrued another monkey this weekend, but I put the nix on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment