This is our second year for the Belletete family trip to Wells Beach, ME (don't call me, I'll call you). I think this is the 3rd year that everyone else went, but quite frankly, if it isn't a quorum then I don't think you can call it a family trip.
Last year, Lisa and I were both preggers, some of us larger than others. The girls were still all interested in playing with each other and the chaos seemed more contained than this year. The house Dad rented was great this year, much larger and with a nice little front yard outside for the kids to run around on. The weather really couldn't have been better. Although I have come to believe that the best time for the beach is definitely before high tide in the morning. For some reason the afternoon is more windy and cool.
This year, there were the babies to keep track of and the chaos seemed a bit greater. Lisa and I hardly had a chance to sit down. Nevermind a second to relax on the beach. The three girls were more of always having one man out (usually Ellie). Two's company, three's a crowd. She mostly took it in stride, and she has always sort of been a little bit more off in her world. Delilah has really come out of her shell and Charlotte was never in one. Those two were running around and Ellie sort of tailed after them, but was too timid to go in the water and generally was a few steps behind.
I couldn't have loved the older kids more though! Cassam earned a certificate as a mother's helper. Ethan loves Zack as he is the only other boy. They were a huge help for me.
We had visitors too! Aunt Annie and Uncle Jimmie, Grammy and Grampy, Jen and her kids and Aunt Nancy and the redheads all made it up for a visit making it a real Belletete family vacation!
York's Wild Kingdom was a hit as well. We didn't think we would be there quite as long as we were and that is always a good sign. I was pretty impressed with the zoo and the rides were great for the little girls. Definitely a fun adventure.
There is something to be said for have a tradition like this. I was thinking last year that it would be fun to change up the location every year, but I think I have made a 180 on this. Driving up, it was neat to see all of the other families going on their yearly trip up to the coast of ME. It was nostalgic to see the same places and stay in the same location as the year before. We barely even make it out of the house and haven't even tapped the local area of all it has to offer. The week just seems to fly by. I think going up there every year is going to be great, something we will look forward to. And each year there will be different things to conquer as the kids get older and can be more independent. I think in about 3 more years we might be ready for beachfront property!
 |
| First night's dinner |
 |
| The two babies. Zack is about to wrestle Addie to the floor. He looks innocent enough... |
 |
| What is this stuff? And most importantly, how does it taste? |
 |
| Delilah getting a surprise |
 |
| Last year there were tide pools for the girls to play in. This year we had to build our own |
 |
| Gap and Zackster |
 |
| Hanging out on the porch |
 |
| Two peas in a pod |
 |
| Ethan can't wait to teach Zack to golf! |
 |
| Gap trying to keep up with the girls |
 |
| My mother's helper |
 |
| Fun in the sun |
 |
| Godzilla baby on the beach. This kid destructed anything in his path to get at whatever the girls were playing with |
 |
| Interpretive dance on the beach by Ellie and Charlotte |
 |
| Addie and Mama |
 |
| Cassam was obsessed with digging a deep hole. It could only be as deep as the girl's arms though! |
 |
| Godzilla baby sensed that he wasn't supposed to be there so immediately found his way over there |
 |
| More interpretive dance by Ellie D |
 |
| He almost looks as big as she does! |
 |
| Toasting marshmallows at Rara's campground |
 |
| The three muskateers at York |
 |
| Hanging out at the campfire |
 |
| Triple threat on the carasol |
No comments:
Post a Comment