Monday, July 11, 2011

A pool come true

Hurray!  We have finally figured out summer in Nashville.  You have to join the YMCA. 

I have to admit, I have been somewhat hesitant to join the Y since we moved here, against most peoples recommendations.  The Y's in the North certainly aren't the 'place to be', but I suppose there are churches every 15 yards either.  Anyways, I decided that I was not going to spend another summer indoors and that 100+ degrees demands a pool.  I also just didn't want to have to rely on self-inviting myself to other people's pools since it didn't really work out so well last year. 

We went for our first free day and I have to say, the Y is the nicest freaking gym I have ever seen.  The one 2 miles down the street from us also has an outdoor pool and an indoor lap pool.  And the very generous people there gave us an extremely discounted all access family membership and there is a huge Y with a waterpark about 15 min from our house.  Which is where we will be spending every Saturday for the rest of the summer!  It has a 50 yard lap pool, slides, a huge kiddie pool and wait for it...free childcare!  So Mike and I can even get a work out in for a bit while Ellie plays with other kids.  It truly is a pool come true.

Ellie enjoying her first popsicle at the pool.  It really reminds me of the Jasper Vally club that my cousins belonged to when I was growing up.  I was always so envious of that club!  I remember charging a ton of Italian ices to their account.

No comments:

Post a Comment