Thursday, October 28, 2010

Copy Cat

I have never been one to keep a journal or a diary.  However life is flying by, as noted by Ellie turning one, wow, already 3 weeks ago.  I thought that maybe I would start doing this when she turned one.  Ever the procrastinator, I never started it.  And really if it wasn't for my friend Lisa's blog I never would have even considered doing a blog.  So I am really just copying her.  But I have truly loved reading her blog from the start, and still laugh when I remember her list of things that she would and would not miss about being pregnant (her daughter is now 4). We'll see how many posts this blog actually gets.


The Drzewieckis have been living in Nashville for about 4 months now.  It was the most underestimated move in the history of time.  I have moved what seems like billions of times in my life before, without blinking, but this one took the carpet right up from underneath me.  Team Drzewiecki will prevail, but I am not quite sure we are 100% there yet.  Nashville itself is a fun, convenient city with plenty to offer.  It is the lack of comfort, family and friends that has made it so hard.  That and the fact that it is impossible to get a direct flight anywhere from here. 

Ellie had a banner year.  I am sure I am probably looking back with some rose colored glasses on, but we made it a whole year without a single sick visit to the doctor.  Granted she didn't actually go to a daycare until she was 11 months old, but it wasn't like she was isolated in our house either.  She is walking and eating like a champ. And for those of you who know me, there were several months of me freaking out that she wasn't ever going to learn how to eat solid food. She has 10 teeth right now, four of them being gigantic molars.  I swear they take up half her mouth.  She has two more crowning as we speak.  I can't say she has been tremendously fussy about the teeth coming in, but drools like a St. Bernarnd and runs around with her tongue half hanging out of her mouth. 

Mike is in business school and should henceforth be referred to as Business Mike.  I do miss my husband who had not a care in the world when he was away from work (translation gave 100% of his attention to me and our family) but we are very happy for him and his furthering his education and going after his dreams.  I hope he starts having some time to play the drums again soon though because well, I fell in love with the drummer.


                                                         You can see the drool ring

                                                   Smiles!
                                                
                                                        Ellie running around at daycare

                                              No delivery room this anniversary! (3 years)

                                  She tasted the sweet sugar and the whole piece went in her mouth
Well I feel kind of awkward now since I wasn't nearly as funny as I wanted to be and I don't know who I am writing to or for (hence the never writing the journal) but hope to keep this up.  I often tell very funny stories in my head so maybe I can get them out in cyberworld now.  And everyone knows I love to talk.  Thanks Lisa for the inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment